Added limited-edition 25th Anniversary Fn keycap to the keycaps page.
- Added a few user-submitted pictures to the Pro1 page
Spellchecking and various cleanup tasks
CSS changes, font consolidation
- History - added a few images and timeline information, rewrote a couple of sections
- Continuing image updates/organization for Models pages (lots of new images and better organization on the backend)
- Layout - started using a cute little keyboard key generator, added a bit of info on predecessors of the HHKB layout
Continuing work on image reorganization (backend and frontend). Found some more decent-quality images on an archive.org deep dive, plus a couple of small images of the HHKB HG. Still need higher quality HG images as well as press photos of the BT series.
Per-model pages created!
- HHKB Professional
- HHKB Professional 2
- HHKB Professional BT
- HHKB Professional Classic
- HHKB Professional HG
- HHKB Professional Hybrid
- HHKB Professional JP
Currently in alphabetical order. I'll decide later if I want to manually reorder these by release date.
Also created a few more new pages:
I also brought the History and Layout pages back into the main nav - didn't see a point to having a category for two pages. Additionally, worked on other housekeeping tasks to make sure images load properly across various pages.
- Models page removed, broken out into separate pages by product line
- Broke out the components pages into separate sections for stock and modding info - see the new sidebar links.
I'm going to stop updating older links on this page to point at current page names/locations - it's not worth the effort considering how simple the site map actually is.
Migrated to mkDocs/Material. I decided I preferred to have a statically-generated site :) Restored images and thumbnail expansion via thumbnail-viewer. Started work on reorganizing images and went on a deep dive through archive.org to find lots of great early HHKB images - can't wait to share all of those! I could easily spend another 6 hours working on that but I need to get to bed.
- Aftermarket Housings - created a new page featuring Noxary and Norbauer cases. Thanks a ton to both of those folks for allowing me to use their marketing photography!
- Sliders - added new Deskeys stabilizers/sliders
- History - Expanded model information and added a few pictures. I want to add more up top about the actual design history but that might require obtaining permissions from original sources.
- Models - added some new Pro 1 pictures and started working on a backend reorg of images. The only other visible change is that I trimmed down some of the Pro Classic and Pro Hybrid images to remove whitespace.
Settled on a basic JS image thumbnail viewer solution thumbnail-viewer. I like the simplicity but I need to hack together a little script to generate thumbnails and gallery html -for now it's a manual process. Not too bad but not very scalable.
- Layout - split this from the previous General Information page
- History - split this from the previous General Information page. I'd like to include more /information here!
- Models - official marketing images from PFU/Fujitsu for current models as well as marketing images for a few older models
- Sliders - added RF Silent, CM Novatouch, JTK and Deskeys slider images
- Domes - added Keyclack, Deskeys, NIZ and BKE dome images
- Keycaps - added images for all official keycaps on the page
- Controllers - added images and additional hardware/firmware details for Hasu Pro2 BT and Yang BLE controllers
Continuing work on fleshing out content. Still deciding on how to approach images!
- General Information - I might break this into two pages, one for history, one for a brief overview of currently-available/common models on the market
- Controllers - ~~this still needs building out~~ added most of the content
- Silencing - added some basic /information on aftermarket silencing techniques
In the future, I'd like to add a modding tutorial/guide section, a cleaning guide (thanks to /u/s2hk on reddit for the request!), a catch-all 'interesting facts' page for tidbits that don't fit elsewhere, and to look into whether I can rehost the excellent interview with Eiiti Wada that used to be hosted on Drop.com.
For now, I'll probably just link to existing mod guides that I find to be particularly helpful. Eventually I'd prefer to host my own content, because I definitely have my own opinions when it comes to modding HHKBs that may not fall in line with what others do.
I also need to figure out how to better order the links in the sidebar. For now, they're alphabetical.
Domain registered, initial site scaffolding and content published.